So, can CBD help a hangover?
CBD is known to provide many benefits. And while the FDA has not evaluated these benefits, the testimonials from CBD users are wonderful. Here are the positives:
- CBD is plant-derived making it a natural alternative to over the counter remedies to fight pain, inflammation and more.
- CBD has been studied for its effects on (1)inflammation and results have been achieved through ingestible and topical forms of CBD. So, it just may help alleviate that overall achy feeling.
- CBD has shown great promise in helping with headache and migraine pain associated with too much drinking.
- When it comes to helping with anxiety, or “drinker’s remorse”, CBD is a great option. There have been studies conducted showcasing the positive effects of CBD on both (2)mood stabilization and (3)anxiety.
- CBD is known to help calm queasiness and settle the stomach. There have been studies suggesting that CBD can help calm the feeling of (4)nausea and perhaps prevent you from vomiting. So, it’s time to get off the bathroom floor!
The best way to avoid a hangover is to avoid drinking! You definitely need to rehydrate by drinking plenty of water, and, by all means, eat something. And while CBD is not a hangover cure it may help alleviate some of the negative side-effects of drinking. More research needs to be done in this area for sure. But hey, if CBD can take the edge off and make you feel a little better after over-indulging, it’s certainly worth a try!
Big thanks to Feedspot for selecting Whim as one of the top 75 Cannabidiol Blogs on the web.